It’s been nearly two months’ worth of weekend work, but the whole ordeal with replacing the repro fender with the repaired original GPW fender is complete, including having to deal with a total realignment of the body tub! This update includes a recent update on the Jeep restoration as a whole, and getting an original push/pull switch tag!
Last month I started the process of repairing my original GPW passenger fender to replace the temporary reproduction fender. With the welding and overall repairing done, it was time to swap the fenders… but things didn’t go as planned making what should have been a small project into a two-month project requiring a complete realignment of the body tub!
Warbirds and MD Juan Grill
This past weekend I took the Jeep out to the Planes of Fame Air Museum (in over 100 degree heat, yikes!) to get some photos of the Jeep with various warbirds at the museum and also have it on display for visitors to check out. Driving home was a bit of an issue with the intense heat though! Also, I started work on a special project with a MD Juan Grill…
Small projects, Hood Finishing, and Axle work!
Lots of projects this week making for quite the busy work! I worked on various small projects that have been needing to be done, such as modifying a rear seat J hook to fit, prepping shock brackets with fake rivets, and replacing the combat rim valve stem protectors. Work on the hood continues, it’s all finished minus the markings! And I continue work on the front axle installing the RZeppa shafts, packing grease into the knuckle, installing the brake plates/drums, and adjusting the brakes!
The last week has been pretty busy with work done on the Jeep each day. The pace has certainly slowed down dramatically, and many of the projects I have left take a long time to complete, so it’s not as productive feeling since these projects are tedious. The good news is the Jeep RUNS! The bad news… there’s another issue.
Lots and lots of work!
This past week has been day and night working on the Jeep. Any time not eating food or working has been spent working! So much to do, so little time… but some great progress! It’s been a lot of work for sure. The Grill is finished, and lots more parts are painted. I’ve also started to amass all the various bolts/screws/nuts/washers/etc I need for mounting everything on the Jeep.
Body Tub Test Mounted!
Work continues at as fast of a pace as possible trying to get the Jeep ready by July 27th! Lots of new holes drilled, items test fitted, and a LOT more! This is a big update!
Body Tub ALMOST done!
Another busy week working on the Jeep every morning and evening (plus weekends). Not quite as fast of a pace as I was hoping, but still getting lots of progress. Going back and forth between working on the engine, painting various things, and drilling holes in the new body tub..
Engine is back on the frame!
It’s been a busy week of Jeep work, mainly mating the engine back on the frame for the first time since February! Took a bit of work, but it came back together! Since then, it’s been a fast pace of putting things back on the engine and getting it ready to test hopefully in the next week or two to see how well it runs! Work also continues on drilling holes in the MD Juan tub….
Last update for 2 weeks!
Got some things done on the new repro tub such as sanding and drilling holes, but it’s been quite the pain! A new shipment of items arrived, like a new muffler and special filter system for the air bath. I’m taking a break for two weeks for a vacation, so updates will continue once I start back up! Then it’s in super drive mode for the home stretch to finish it by mid-july!