It’s been nearly two months’ worth of weekend work, but the whole ordeal with replacing the repro fender with the repaired original GPW fender is complete, including having to deal with a total realignment of the body tub! This update includes a recent update on the Jeep restoration as a whole, and getting an original push/pull switch tag!
A new Star, more axle work, and engine item upgrades!
At long last, the hood is finished! This is PART 2 of adding the stencil markings to the hood with a brand new star with a big unveiling of the finished Jeep with new markings and axles! After that, I start work on trying to figure out what the clackity sound is coming from the rear of the Jeep by re-opening up the rear axle and diving into the carrier. This includes replacing the spider gears, side gears, and more. I also remove the pinion and check everything out before putting it all back together. Finally, I re-add the heat shield for the master cylinder and work on enhancing the engine with some new items.
The big moment… the first drive with new axles!
After weeks of work on replacing the post-war CJ axles with wartime GPW axles (that took over a year to completely restore), it’s the big moment as I take the Jeep for the first drive! But, not all is good as I hoped. In this update, I also replace the last front spring leaf plate that bent, and read the drive shafts after the restoration! Also, PART 1 of putting markings on the hood, and some other minor fixes to the Jeep!