Last month I started the process of repairing my original GPW passenger fender to replace the temporary reproduction fender. With the welding and overall repairing done, it was time to swap the fenders… but things didn’t go as planned making what should have been a small project into a two-month project requiring a complete realignment of the body tub!
Axle replacement begins!
This past week was another busy one with the start of one of the last major projects on my Jeep’s restoration… replacing the post-war axles with the 1943 GPW axles! I started work on the rear of the Jeep first, taking most of the week to clean/restore my springs, shocks, and other items in prep for the new axle!