Here’s part 2 of preventative maintenance on a Jeep including checking fluid levels and common areas to check elsewhere on the Jeep. Also, a quick replacement of the Axe clamp turns into a huge project. Finally, a look at a recent Air Museum event, a special license plate project, and more!
New fuel lines, leaks, custom stencils for my First Aid Kit, and Oil Filter stamps!
This week was half frustrating, half fun! But it was expensive… After last week’s fuel leak, I got a set of new fuel lines and had to chase yet another leak. Then I started work on custom stencils for my first aid kit which came out awesome, and stencils to do stamping on the GPW oil filter. I also continue work on restorting various items and get some new canvas items for the Jeep!
Ax Staining, Axles, Alternator, Fuel Lines, and more
This week started slow, but lots of projects piled up! Starting off with trying to get my ax to stain darker, getting shock brackets and a torque reaction spring to restore, removing bearings and racers from the rear axle, new axle drums, and what started as making the fan belt tighter that turned into a huge multi-day project!
Engine Problems Solved!
Work continued this past week to solve the engine issues, and the issue was mostly found! Still some tune-ups needed, but things are progressing. On Sunday, an attempt to drive the Jeep for the first time was made, only for another issue to arise causing another delay.
Body Tub ALMOST done!
Another busy week working on the Jeep every morning and evening (plus weekends). Not quite as fast of a pace as I was hoping, but still getting lots of progress. Going back and forth between working on the engine, painting various things, and drilling holes in the new body tub..