After struggling with overheating issues last week, this week I dove into trying to diagnose what the issue might be, the thermostat, the coolant, the radiator, etc. Plus taking some temperature readings and a test run without a thermostat.
Valve Work and first Markings!
After last week’s not-so-good adjustment of the valves, I tackled it again this past week to much better results. Also, another milestone as the very first USAAF markings have been applied to the Jeep! Plus a walk around of the Jeep and what markings still need to be added.
Adjusting the valves
Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrated yesterday! This week I was able to set some time aside to adjust the valves on my engine since the starter is still out for repair. I also fixed the heat riser that was installed wrong on the engine. Plus, the stencils for the Jeep markings arrived!
New shipment of items!
This week saw a few more little projects done, thanks to some shipments of new items! As I prepped for another major engine project, however, tragedy struck requiring an expensive replacement…
Major work done this week!
In a quest to stop the coolant leaks, I took apart the engine head to replace a gasket, quite the ordeal! Plus, restoration work was finished on the replacement Jerry Can, and the accelerator linkage was adjusted. Felt like back a few months ago during the heart of the restoration with all the work!
Engine is back on the frame!
It’s been a busy week of Jeep work, mainly mating the engine back on the frame for the first time since February! Took a bit of work, but it came back together! Since then, it’s been a fast pace of putting things back on the engine and getting it ready to test hopefully in the next week or two to see how well it runs! Work also continues on drilling holes in the MD Juan tub….