It’s been nearly two months’ worth of weekend work, but the whole ordeal with replacing the repro fender with the repaired original GPW fender is complete, including having to deal with a total realignment of the body tub! This update includes a recent update on the Jeep restoration as a whole, and getting an original push/pull switch tag!
Last month I started the process of repairing my original GPW passenger fender to replace the temporary reproduction fender. With the welding and overall repairing done, it was time to swap the fenders… but things didn’t go as planned making what should have been a small project into a two-month project requiring a complete realignment of the body tub!
New shipment of items!
This week saw a few more little projects done, thanks to some shipments of new items! As I prepped for another major engine project, however, tragedy struck requiring an expensive replacement…
Driving the Jeep!
Work has slowed on the Jeep since it’s almost done! The next few updates will be small, since there’s only minimal things left to do on the Jeep. But the awesome news is that I’ve driven the Jeep a full mile and a half now!
The restoration has slowed to a crawl as I finish the last little bits. Compared to just a few weeks ago, it seems like not much is getting done. But a major engine issue has plagued me this entire week causing me to stop everything and work on various tests. It’s been frustrating to say the least…
The last week has been pretty busy with work done on the Jeep each day. The pace has certainly slowed down dramatically, and many of the projects I have left take a long time to complete, so it’s not as productive feeling since these projects are tedious. The good news is the Jeep RUNS! The bad news… there’s another issue.
Lots and lots of work!
This past week has been day and night working on the Jeep. Any time not eating food or working has been spent working! So much to do, so little time… but some great progress! It’s been a lot of work for sure. The Grill is finished, and lots more parts are painted. I’ve also started to amass all the various bolts/screws/nuts/washers/etc I need for mounting everything on the Jeep.
Body Tub Test Mounted!
Work continues at as fast of a pace as possible trying to get the Jeep ready by July 27th! Lots of new holes drilled, items test fitted, and a LOT more! This is a big update!
Body Tub ALMOST done!
Another busy week working on the Jeep every morning and evening (plus weekends). Not quite as fast of a pace as I was hoping, but still getting lots of progress. Going back and forth between working on the engine, painting various things, and drilling holes in the new body tub..
Engine is back on the frame!
It’s been a busy week of Jeep work, mainly mating the engine back on the frame for the first time since February! Took a bit of work, but it came back together! Since then, it’s been a fast pace of putting things back on the engine and getting it ready to test hopefully in the next week or two to see how well it runs! Work also continues on drilling holes in the MD Juan tub….