Here’s part 2 of preventative maintenance on a Jeep including checking fluid levels and common areas to check elsewhere on the Jeep. Also, a quick replacement of the Axe clamp turns into a huge project. Finally, a look at a recent Air Museum event, a special license plate project, and more!
It’s been nearly two months’ worth of weekend work, but the whole ordeal with replacing the repro fender with the repaired original GPW fender is complete, including having to deal with a total realignment of the body tub! This update includes a recent update on the Jeep restoration as a whole, and getting an original push/pull switch tag!
Small projects, Hood Finishing, and Axle work!
Lots of projects this week making for quite the busy work! I worked on various small projects that have been needing to be done, such as modifying a rear seat J hook to fit, prepping shock brackets with fake rivets, and replacing the combat rim valve stem protectors. Work on the hood continues, it’s all finished minus the markings! And I continue work on the front axle installing the RZeppa shafts, packing grease into the knuckle, installing the brake plates/drums, and adjusting the brakes!
More fake Rivets, radioactive spark plugs, and a GPW project
This was a bit of a slower week with only some smaller projects. After last week’s success with the fake rivets on the passenger seat, I decided to tackle the rear seat in the same way with even better results. I also found some correct ‘radioactive’ spark plugs for the Jeep! Finally, I tackle a project that asks, what if Ford was producing GPW Jeeps during a pandemic?
Fake rivets, Fire Extinguisher, and more F stamps!
This week had some fun smaller projects on the Jeep such as adding ‘fake rivets’ to the passenger seat swivel bracket, moving the custom starter switch so I could mount the Fire Extinguisher in the bracket, and getting my safety strap large bolts F stamped! Plus some different looks at the Jeep.
New shipment of items!
This week saw a few more little projects done, thanks to some shipments of new items! As I prepped for another major engine project, however, tragedy struck requiring an expensive replacement…
The last week has been pretty busy with work done on the Jeep each day. The pace has certainly slowed down dramatically, and many of the projects I have left take a long time to complete, so it’s not as productive feeling since these projects are tedious. The good news is the Jeep RUNS! The bad news… there’s another issue.
Lots and lots of work!
This past week has been day and night working on the Jeep. Any time not eating food or working has been spent working! So much to do, so little time… but some great progress! It’s been a lot of work for sure. The Grill is finished, and lots more parts are painted. I’ve also started to amass all the various bolts/screws/nuts/washers/etc I need for mounting everything on the Jeep.
Body Tub Test Mounted!
Work continues at as fast of a pace as possible trying to get the Jeep ready by July 27th! Lots of new holes drilled, items test fitted, and a LOT more! This is a big update!
Painting and Grill Work
Finally was able to get some more painting in, mainly due to setting up a paint booth because I was so fed up with the wind! Progress is coming along, as most things get painted the closer I get to putting them back on the Jeep!