This week’s update is full of some great goodies. First, I continue work on a friend’s post-war air cleaner restoration for his Jeep. Then I get to work getting the fuel gauge to read the right fuel level. I stumbled across a nice flea market find (early Fire Extinguisher for Jeeps), and a look at some projects/events in the works for the Jeep!
Small Projects and Extras
With things at a bit of a standstill as I figure out my next move with the strange rear axle noise, I didn’t do much this week. However, there are several side projects I’ve done the last few months that I’ve yet to cover with the Jeep, so I decided to compile them into this week’s update including a F stamped keychain, wartime Fire Extinguisher and modern Extinguisher, Push-Pull switch tags, and more!
Fire Extinguisher, more Horn Work, Axle work, and more!
This week continues the busy work with all the new items I acquired for the Jeep in the previous updates. I changed the mount for my Horn based on some new evidence, finished the restoration of a proper Fire Extinguisher, installed the GPW dipstick, I started work on the replacement GPW hood, and more axle work (which ran into a major halt).
Axle work begins and a Fire Extinguisher!
PART 2: Going through the rest of the items from the haul last week including restoring the GPW Dip Stick and tube. Also, axle work finally begins on the replacement GPW axles! And wrapping up this special update, I get to work restoring a proper fire extinguisher for the Jeep!
Fake rivets, Fire Extinguisher, and more F stamps!
This week had some fun smaller projects on the Jeep such as adding ‘fake rivets’ to the passenger seat swivel bracket, moving the custom starter switch so I could mount the Fire Extinguisher in the bracket, and getting my safety strap large bolts F stamped! Plus some different looks at the Jeep.
Ring & Pinions, Jerry Cans, Carburetor, Eye Bolts and more!
Quite the busy week with lots of busy work on the Jeep! After two days of soaking in fuel, the NOS Ring and Pinion are clean! I continued work on the fire extinguisher decal, and finished the 1943 Jerry can! I replaced the safety strap eye bolts with correct F ones, and replaced the borrowed carburetor with a new one!
Ring & Pinion journey, Fire Extinguisher Decal, looking for more history, etc!
This week I finally saw the light of the end of the tunnel trying to acquire a ring and pinion set… which revealed a great surprise! I then attempted to find some more history on my Jeep via the body tub, more work on the Fire Extinguisher decal, and finally finding a wartime jerry can for the Jeep!
Fire Extinguishers, more Combat Rims, etc.
After last week’s big Combat Rim installation tutorial, this week went by a lot slower. I completed the rest of the combat rims (and I have a few extra notes to mention about them), worked on a post-war Fire Extinguisher, continued the ongoing chronicles of the GPW axles restoration, some ‘artsy’ shots of the Jeep, and more.