This week’s update includes a trip to the Planes of Fame Air Museum to see a TBM Avenger, more updates on my Fuel Sender float, some mail call items, and a complete look at how a Fuel Strainer works and restoration!
Replacing the Water Pump, Thermostat Redo, & Flea Market Finds!
After another lull in updates on the Jeep, this week I finally have things to show! I’d been meaning to replace my post-war water pump with a GPW wartime-style water pump, and this was the week it happened! I also re-did my thermostat which was leaking slightly. I also worked out a way to do some temporary markings, and I go through some more recent Jeep flea market finds!
Canvas Half Door Curtains!
Another fun addition to the Jeep this week, Canvas Half Doors! Also known as canvas curtains, these were issued with Jeeps, but were one of the first things the GIs would toss! I go into how they are installed and removed, and my thoughts of them on after a drive. Also, I tackle another test for the rear axle clackity sound, and begin work on replacing my water pump!
Battery enhancements, blackout headlight covers, and Coca Cola Crate Part 2!
This week’s update features quite a bit of work for this week. I added some enhancements to the battery to make it appear more vintage, made some custom headlight blackout covers, worked on fixing a hood clamp, and Part 2 of finishing a photo-accurate Coca Cola crate!
Flushing the Coolant System Part 2, TRS Shackles, and Coca Cola project!
This week’s update features Part 2 of a complete flush of the coolant system on the Jeep and the results, fitting bushings into the Torque Reaction Spring shackles, adding some more F bolts to the Jeep, adding the correct style valve caps to the tires, battery enhancements, and Part 1 of building a Coca Cola crate! Whew!
New fuel lines, leaks, custom stencils for my First Aid Kit, and Oil Filter stamps!
This week was half frustrating, half fun! But it was expensive… After last week’s fuel leak, I got a set of new fuel lines and had to chase yet another leak. Then I started work on custom stencils for my first aid kit which came out awesome, and stencils to do stamping on the GPW oil filter. I also continue work on restorting various items and get some new canvas items for the Jeep!
Electronic work, axle work, and canvas dying!
This week progress slowed a bit down on the Jeep, but still a lot of work done. I worked on replacing the dimmer switch, fixing the ammeter gauge, more wartime axle work, and dying my super faded canvas water bucket back to OD Green!
All about the Top Bows!
This week saw several more projects finished on the Jeep including the addition of footman loops on the top bows along with the top bow straps, the addition of the top bow storage straps under the passenger seat, a complete tutorial on how to fold the canvas top and also how to put a canvas top on a Jeep, more GPW axle work, and much more!
Jeep goes topless!
A week of more projects, mostly smaller things like replacing more bolts with F stamped ones. I also continue work on the fuel sender/gas gauge issues. I show how to reset Jeep circuit breakers, repaint the voltage regulator, some cool discoveries, and more! Plus some shots of the Jeep without the top!
The last week has been pretty busy with work done on the Jeep each day. The pace has certainly slowed down dramatically, and many of the projects I have left take a long time to complete, so it’s not as productive feeling since these projects are tedious. The good news is the Jeep RUNS! The bad news… there’s another issue.