This week’s update is full of some great goodies. First, I continue work on a friend’s post-war air cleaner restoration for his Jeep. Then I get to work getting the fuel gauge to read the right fuel level. I stumbled across a nice flea market find (early Fire Extinguisher for Jeeps), and a look at some projects/events in the works for the Jeep!
This week’s update includes a trip to Lyon Air Museum with the Jeep for an event and then a photoshoot around Old Town Orange! I continue work on a friend’s Fuel Filter and start work on his Air Cleaner for a full restoration. Finally, a look at a ‘smaller’ Jeep project I’ve continued.
This week’s update includes a trip to the Planes of Fame Air Museum to see a TBM Avenger, more updates on my Fuel Sender float, some mail call items, and a complete look at how a Fuel Strainer works and restoration!
A new flea market find, while not a WW2 Jeep jack, it’s pretty much the same with a slightly different design! I take a look at how it works and the full restoration. I then shift focus to an ongoing Fuel Sender issue. Also, I went to the March Field Museum in Riverside and took a look at the Jeeps there.
New fuel lines, leaks, custom stencils for my First Aid Kit, and Oil Filter stamps!
This week was half frustrating, half fun! But it was expensive… After last week’s fuel leak, I got a set of new fuel lines and had to chase yet another leak. Then I started work on custom stencils for my first aid kit which came out awesome, and stencils to do stamping on the GPW oil filter. I also continue work on restorting various items and get some new canvas items for the Jeep!
Ax Staining, Axles, Alternator, Fuel Lines, and more
This week started slow, but lots of projects piled up! Starting off with trying to get my ax to stain darker, getting shock brackets and a torque reaction spring to restore, removing bearings and racers from the rear axle, new axle drums, and what started as making the fan belt tighter that turned into a huge multi-day project!
Fuel Sender, F Bolts, Pintle Hook, First Aid Kit, & more!
Another stay-at-home week worked mostly on the Jeep! This is part 2 of my ongoing quest to fix the fuel sender and get a working gas gauge. I also finally replaced my post-war M38 pintle hook with a correct GPW one. More bolts were replaced to be F stamped, and I worked on restoring my First Aid kit for the Jeep. Finally, I start some work on the original body tub.
Lots of little projects and two major ones!
After last week’s excitement with the hood numbers, this week was a lot of work on various projects. Starting with the painting of more axle parts, replacing some bolts with F bolts, fixing the horn wire, and figuring out issues with the fuel tank sender. Lots of ‘how tos’ in this update!
More axle work
After last week’s excitement, this week was much more calm. This week I continued to clean/disassemble the wartime GPW axles and sandblast various parts documenting F stamps along the way. I also started to restore parts of the emergency brake and checked the PCV valve for carbon/fuel buildup.
Engine Problems Solved!
Work continued this past week to solve the engine issues, and the issue was mostly found! Still some tune-ups needed, but things are progressing. On Sunday, an attempt to drive the Jeep for the first time was made, only for another issue to arise causing another delay.