It’s been nearly two months’ worth of weekend work, but the whole ordeal with replacing the repro fender with the repaired original GPW fender is complete, including having to deal with a total realignment of the body tub! This update includes a recent update on the Jeep restoration as a whole, and getting an original push/pull switch tag!
Last month I started the process of repairing my original GPW passenger fender to replace the temporary reproduction fender. With the welding and overall repairing done, it was time to swap the fenders… but things didn’t go as planned making what should have been a small project into a two-month project requiring a complete realignment of the body tub!
Now that the holidays have passed, I have been able to get a start on my next big project which is repairing the original passenger fender! This is part one of what will be several parts during the repair and install. I also found some new history on my Jeep! Plus I started a new side project!
This past week has seen a lot of work, and I’m finally reaching the HALFWAY point of this restoration with the (finally) painting of the frame! There’s a lot of extra work including electrical checks, final engine painting, and the return of major parts from sandblasting!