A bit of a different update for these past few weeks… First, a special project for Christmas as I redo a 4×4 ‘Jeep’ ride-on vehicle for my nephew, then finishing the ignition switch knob project! And a recap of some Jeep-related items I got for Christmas.
Hood history, painting along with kingpin/knuckle work!
This week was a crazy busy week with work on two major ongoing projects.. the GPW hood and the GPW front axle! This week I continued work removing paint and rust on the hood, did some historical recovery of hood numbers, and painted the hood. After finishing the rear axle last week, I began work on the front axle with one of the more tricky parts… the kingpin and knuckle installation. I go through a full tutorial on how to set those along with the dust shields!
Markings are finished!
As the New Year quickly sped past, the Jeep as entered what I’d call the final phase for the restoration and it so close to being ‘done’ that it shouldn’t be much longer now with the small projects left. This week I was able to work quite a bit on the Jeep, with the last markings being put on, continuing work on the GPW axles, and starting work on adding the trailer socket shield.
New Oil Filter and more markings!
Hope all had a great Christmas! It’s been two weeks since the last update, and while I’ve been quite busy with various things keeping me away from the Jeep, I managed to get a lot of work in here and there spread out, especially restoring a new oil filter for the Jeep and applying the correct Ford decals! This is the type of work I really enjoy doing.
Adjusting the valves
Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrated yesterday! This week I was able to set some time aside to adjust the valves on my engine since the starter is still out for repair. I also fixed the heat riser that was installed wrong on the engine. Plus, the stencils for the Jeep markings arrived!