Now that the holidays have passed, I have been able to get a start on my next big project which is repairing the original passenger fender! This is part one of what will be several parts during the repair and install. I also found some new history on my Jeep! Plus I started a new side project!
Photoshoot, Russian ‘Jeep Clone’, and Jerry Can Nozzle!
Another slower week since there wasn’t a lot to do on the Jeep work wise, but with a day of cooler cloudy weather, I was able to take the Jeep out to a new location and do a photoshoot in several spots with some great results! Also, I chronicle, through photos, a Russian ‘clone’ of the Jeep… a GAZ-67 located at the Planes of Fame Air Museum. Finally, I begin work on a very rusty Jerry Can nozzle.
Axle painting and Jeep Hood History!
This week more work was done to the front wartime axle including painting, disassembling the steering rods, etc. Then it started to rain in SoCal, so I shifted my focus to something I’ve been meaning to do for a while… wet sand the hood to find if there were any original markings from WW2 on the Jeep! This yielded some amazing and surprising results on the Jeep’s history. But, I need some help to decipher the numbers! This is a big update!
Body Tub Test Mounted!
Work continues at as fast of a pace as possible trying to get the Jeep ready by July 27th! Lots of new holes drilled, items test fitted, and a LOT more! This is a big update!