One thing often overlooked by Jeep owners is maintenance on their Jeeps! Here’s part 1 of preventative maintenance on a Jeep including greasing up the various spots on a Jeep and changing oil!
The complete ‘clackity’ Axle Saga
It’s been 5 months now since I replaced the CJ axles on my Jeep with original GPW wartime ones. I’ve been plagued with a ‘clackity’ sound that just won’t go away after all these months, lots of work, lots of money, countless tests, etc. So I thought for this week I’d go through the entire story from start to finish. It’s been frustrating, to say the least! Join me on this ongoing journey…
New Year, New Axles!
Kicking off the New Year, things are in high gear as I continue work on replacing the CJ axles with the wartime GPW axles I’ve restored over the last year. This week I focused on reinstalling the front axle, starting off with adding the combat rims/tires, reinstalling the springs, adding the Torque Reaction Spring, and reinstalling the shocks! I also took some extra time to take plain head bolts on the fenders and turn them into F stamped bolts!
Flushing the Coolant System Part 2, TRS Shackles, and Coca Cola project!
This week’s update features Part 2 of a complete flush of the coolant system on the Jeep and the results, fitting bushings into the Torque Reaction Spring shackles, adding some more F bolts to the Jeep, adding the correct style valve caps to the tires, battery enhancements, and Part 1 of building a Coca Cola crate! Whew!
Flushing the Coolant System Part 1, TRS Shackles, and more!
This week’s update features Part 1 of a complete flush of the coolant system only the Jeep, which is quite the process. I also do some more GPW axle work, continue restoring the Torque Reaction Spring items focusing on the shackles removing the bushings and figuring out what to replace them with. Also some other various projects and starting a new Coca Cola project!
Ax Staining, Axles, Alternator, Fuel Lines, and more
This week started slow, but lots of projects piled up! Starting off with trying to get my ax to stain darker, getting shock brackets and a torque reaction spring to restore, removing bearings and racers from the rear axle, new axle drums, and what started as making the fan belt tighter that turned into a huge multi-day project!