This week’s update is full of some great goodies. First, I continue work on a friend’s post-war air cleaner restoration for his Jeep. Then I get to work getting the fuel gauge to read the right fuel level. I stumbled across a nice flea market find (early Fire Extinguisher for Jeeps), and a look at some projects/events in the works for the Jeep!
Last month I started the process of repairing my original GPW passenger fender to replace the temporary reproduction fender. With the welding and overall repairing done, it was time to swap the fenders… but things didn’t go as planned making what should have been a small project into a two-month project requiring a complete realignment of the body tub!
The complete ‘clackity’ Axle Saga
It’s been 5 months now since I replaced the CJ axles on my Jeep with original GPW wartime ones. I’ve been plagued with a ‘clackity’ sound that just won’t go away after all these months, lots of work, lots of money, countless tests, etc. So I thought for this week I’d go through the entire story from start to finish. It’s been frustrating, to say the least! Join me on this ongoing journey…
Gears, Gears, and more Gears!
After a successful removal of the transmission last week and then the successful disassembly of the T-84 Transmission, this week I turned my sights to the transfer case! As with last week’s tutorial on the disassembly, this week also has a full tutorial on how to take apart a D-18 transfer case, which appears to be ALL original and never taken apart! I also work on priming and painting the T-84 and various other items in prep for the rebuild!